Impulse Edition XL Bariatric bed – with a safe working load of 300kg, the Impulse Edition XL meets the highest requirements.
The sturdy design with reinforced construction and bariatric drive set are approved for residents weighing up to 250kg.
The 100mm double castors with a central brake enable secure mobility and stable positioning.
Key Facts & Specifications
- 4 Way electric adjustable mesh decking bed base, for good air circulation
- Mattress compensation / auto regression technology to eliminate sheering and friction
- Auto contouring function
- Extra foot section manual 10 position adjustability
- Wall hugging high/low mobilising function
- High/Low variation – 33cm or 38cm low level care-bed for fall prevention up to 83cm to 88cm (without mattress) adjustment height level for carer access requirements
- 130mm or 180mm under bed clearance
- Reverse Trendelenburg forward tilt
- Trendelenburg** (only with clinician approval)
- Pre-set hand control comfort position
- Pre-set hoist & comfort position
- Lockable hand control – and backlit for night-time use
- Low-voltage system with separated transformer plug for increased safety for occupants and care staff
- Standard 9V battery back-up
- Central Locking Function – 100mm or 150mm Double Castors
- 150mm Underbed Clearance
- Pre-installed fittings for light fixture / self-help pole / IV pole etc.
- Fold down split mobilising side rails (GS) or full continuous length rails – bed can have no rails or any number 1-4 split rails or a combination of split and continuous long rails
- Compatible with specialist mattress systems
- Impulse XL surround design and colour
- Safe working load of 300kgs.
- DIN EN ISO 13485:2016 A/C 2018 – Medical devices – Quality management systems – Requirements for regulatory purposes (ISO 13485:2016)
- DIN EN 1970:2000 + A1:2007 – Adjustable beds for disabled persons
- DIN EN 60601-2-52:2010 – Particular requirements for basic safety and essential performance of electrically operated medical beds
The specified products were developed, manufactured and tested on the basis of the management system in accordance with:
- DIN EN ISO 9001:2015 certificate no. 73 100 1297
- DIN EN ISO 14001:2015 certificate no. 73 104 1297
Care & Warranty
Please see below for warranty and maintenance information across our Healthcare Bedding range:
Our range of Malsch beds come with a 5-year warranty on the frame, alongside a 2-year warranty on the motor/electrics. Parts and labour are covered within the warranty. However, for clients outside of metro Perth there will be a labour/transport fee.
PRODUCT CARE & MAINTENANCE
For individual homecare use we recommend general cleaning of your bed frame and surround. Vacuuming the bed mechanisms to reduce dust build-up, and wiping down on a regular basis with a damp cloth and gentle cleaning solution as standard. Any oiling of nuts and bolts should be done with a silicon based oil e.g., WD-40 Specialist Silicone Spray. All purchases will receive a digital instruction manual when you receive delivery of your bed.
For care facilities, a deeper cleaning regime in line with aged care and disability facility standards is recommended. This includes at minimum the above.
We recommend that our customers conduct a service of their bed every 18 months to 2 years. A general bed service & maintenance can be booked within the Perth metropolitan area, with the first half-hour of labour charges at $195 inclusive of minor parts. In the unlikely event that further time is required or other parts are needed, additional cost of $25 per 15 minutes thereafter is applicable and required parts chargeable.
*** Please note, European Bedding abides by Australian Consumer Law, meaning our valued customers are always fully protected at all times. Whilst our products are known for their quality and reliability, we also provide a warranty to protect your purchase and to offer peace of mind.